Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bloody Traffic


As the title suggests, this is my absolute pet hate about Jakarta. The traffic here is RIDICULOUS on an epic scale!

  So why is the traffic so bad?! Well, basically here in Jakarta there are more cars and bikes than people and the infrastructure is SOO poor.

My first experience of Jakarta traffic was during my first week of work. I had a driver taking me to and from work; of course, traffic was at its worst in the evenings at rush hour. On the Wednesday of that week, myself and Girl J had to get out of our ride and walked some of the way home because we were stuck in traffic for over an HOUR oh yeah it was also raining cats and dogs . Bear in mind, the trip home or to work is normally a 25 minute journey so you bet your ass I was pissed off to be stuck there and then had to walk home in the rain! I had to take a photo to remind myself of this moment.


But now that I have lived here for a month. I have now accepted this is one of the many quirks that Jakarta throws at you. As a Westerner, yes it will annoy you on no end but it is one those things you have to deal with. I am slowly accepting this as a part of my living experience.

Have you ever lived somewhere where things irk you but you had to deal with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment