Saturday, February 23, 2013

Starstruck

So today, something rather peculiar happened. I have an Elementary-level Saturday class that lasts 3 hours. After that was finished, I packed up and took the bus home. Did I mention that I had my camera with me? I don't usually take my camera with me but I wanted to take some pictures of Jakarta traffic for my next post. Anyway, after I got off my stop I walked along Plaza Indonesia as I was craving for some lunch and then I saw him...

I saw the figure of a impish-looking man dressed in brown knee-length shorts and a white T-shirt strolling like he owned the place with a Starbucks coffee in his hand. I thought to myself  'I know this geezer' and then it hit me like a brick 'HOLY SHIT, THAT'S IAN BROWN!!!' For those who are not aware of The Stone Roses here's their most famous song Fool's Gold:




I turned to him and asked 'Excuse me, are you Ian Brown?' To which he replied 'Yeah, mate you alright?'  I asked for a picture and he graciously obliged. I asked him how Jakarta is treating him and he said he likes it and it is second time over. So in the midst of this pleasant chit-chat, he asked me if I was going to his show tonight. I said no as I had plans and then he then he said 'I could get you free ticket'. My mind started turning, Ian Brown is OFFERING me a FREE TICKET. Now, while I like music and I do like a few tunes from The Stone Roses and Mr. Brown's solo stuff. I would not say that I am enamoured with the band to go and see them live. But a free ticket is a free ticket. So what did this girl genius did? I passed on the gig. 

After I parted from Mr.Brown and wished him well for his gig, I skipped home and shouted to my house mates 'I MET IAN BLOODY BROWN!!!!' After regaling them with the tale of my encounter, I realized I could have seen The Stone Roses FOR FREE! My house mates were not impressed and on further reflection, I am SO not impressed with myself. So why did I turn him down? Simples, I was starstruck! I was so starstruck that I lost all sense and rationale to turn down a free gig because who in their right mind would do that?



With Ian Brown
























No comments:

Post a Comment